Precision Agriculture in Latin America
The way precision agriculture (PA) has been introduced into some parts of the region does not always meet the local necessities. At the same time, the knowledge about PA concepts is in a slower rhythm if compared with other markets.
- Hold an Annual Community Meeting (either at the ICPA, a virtual meeting, or otherwise as arranged by the community leaders).
- Conduct an election of the Community Leadership at the Community Meeting in alternate years.
- Maintain a webpage with available information on the ISPA site. This would include all the available written material, in their original Languaje (Portuguese or Spanish), and a Directory of people and private and public institutions (by country), devoted to Precision Agriculture.
- Promote the nomination of country representatives for most LA countries.
- Organize a minimum of one oral session at each ICPA dedicated to topics of regional interest.
- Request a special issue of the Precision Agriculture journal dedicated to studies done in the region.
Books from Embrapa: Agricultura de Precisão: resultados de um novo olhar https://www.macroprograma1.cnptia.embrapa.br/redeap2
Books from Embrapa: Agricultura de Precisão: um novo olhar https://www.macroprograma1.cnptia.embrapa.br/redeap2/publicacoes/publicacoes-da-rede-ap/capitulos
PA Publications and materials from the PA Lab, Un. of Sao Paulo: http://www.agriculturadeprecisao.org.br/publicacoes
Special issue (in English): “Precision Agriculture in Latin America” Journal Computers and Electronics in Agriculture COMPAG (Elsevier B.V). ISSN 0168-1699. doi:10.1016/j.compag.2007.03.001. Volume 58, issue 1, August 2007
The collaborative book from PROCISUR (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Brasil) in Spanish: Agricultura de Precisión: Integrando conocimientos para una agricultura moderna y sustentable”. PROCISUR/IICA. Programa Cooperativo para el Desarrollo Tecnológico y Agroindustrial del Cono Sur. Montevideo, Uruguay (15 Diciembre 2006). ISBN 92-9039-741-1; 244 páginas