Newsletter Sign Up
If you would like to receive the ISPA newsletter, please sign up.
The purposes of ISPA are to:
- Organize and conduct international conferences related to precision agriculture (PA), such as International Conference on Precision Agriculture, European Conference on Precision Agriculture, and other related conferences.
- Develop and maintain a web-portal to communicate the latest developments in PA with the world, and maintain a member listserv to communicate among society members.
- Publish a quarterly ISPA e-newsletter for members and other subscribers.
- Provide members an opportunity for publication of original scientific research in the society sponsored peer-reviewed journal, Precision Agriculture.
Next Virtual ICPA Webinar - October 8
Access to the Virtual ICPA Webinar Series will be open to all ISPA members in good standing.
Starting August 13th and presenting through November 5, our weekly webinar series will feature a number of different presentations. The pending schedule can be found below! All webinars will take place from 13:30-15:00 PM CDT (UTC -5).
Upcoming Schedule for the Virtual ICPA Fall Webinar Series
October 8, 2020 - Nitrogen Community
Nitrogen fertilizer is one of the most important crop nutrients. Because it is affected by temperature, moisture and other factors it is also one of the most difficult to manage. This webinar will focus on research by the ISPA Nitrogen Management Community to improve spatial and temporal management of nitrogen.
- Welcome and Housekeeping - Dr. Raj Khosla and Dr. Athyna Cambouris
- A Proposed Framework for Corn Nitrogen Fertilizer Recommendations Balancing Economic and the Environmental Outcomes - Dr. Newell Kitchen
- Precision Nitrogen and Water Management for Optimized Sugar Beet Yield and Sugar Content - Dr. Olga Walsh
- Bridging the Data-Gap in Sensing and Precision Nitrogen Application: Biodegradable Soil Sensors - Dr. Subash Dahal
- In-Season Nitrogen Fertilizer Application under Potato Production - Dr. Athyna Cambouris
- Nitrogen Community Business Meeting
- Leader Report
- Election of the Vice-Leader
October 15, 2020 - On-Farm Experimentation Community
Optimizing farming systems will probably require some planned experimentation. It is unlikely that simply observing function systems will provide data for crop and livestock responses over all the relevant inputs and range of rates. This webinar will focus on research by the ISPA On-farm Experimentation Community to make on-farm testing more relevant to farmers and agribusiness.
November 5, 2020 - Economics Community
Precision agriculture will only achieve widespread adoption if farmers and agribusiness can use it profitably. This webinar includes presentations on the regulation of agricultural robotics, adoption of smart phone apps in German agriculture, and the impact of seed technology on farm equipment manufacturers.
Be on the look out for additional details being released soon!
Precision Agriculture available to members
The Springer journal, Precision Agriculture, is now available to ISPA members through this website. When you login to the website you will see a Members tab at the far right of the navigation tabs. Click on the Members tab to see the menu and select Precision Agriculture journal to be redirected to the Springer site. Once at the site, click on the blue "Browse Volumes & Issues" button to access journal articles. Journal Impact Factor for 2019 is 4.454.