ISPA Account

20180409 Minutes

International Society of Precision Agriculture (ISPA) Board Meeting Minutes
April 9, 2018
Conference Call

Participants: Nicolas Tremblay, President; Ken Sudduth, Past-President; 
Ian Yule, President Elect; Terry Griffin, Treasurer; Viacheslav Adamchuk, Secretary 
Could not participate: John Stafford, 2012‑14 President; Raj Khosla, Founding President; Quentin Rund, Executive Secretary
The meeting started at 15:40 EDT (via a phone conference instead of GoToMeeting). The distributed agenda was approved. Nicolas reviewed the March 2, 2018 minutes and they were approved. 
Nicolas started with ICPA updates. We have four gold and multiple silver sponsorship slots covered. Nicolas listed several other entities that have not made formal commitments, but have agreed in principle. We are still trying to encourage Farmers Edge to commit. At this time, we have 11-12 exhibitors and more space is available. Tentatively, we will have a board meeting on Sunday, June 24 from 15:00 to 17:00. Arriving on Saturday will be beneficial for participants of the morning workshops. 
Slava provided an update on the three workshops and the tour. UAV, agronomy and R workshops are on schedule. Instructors are being changed for the agronomy and R workshops. The scope of the agronomy workshop has changed from DSS to on-farm research statistics. 
Nicolas reported that the call for nominations for the new Board member will be open soon. Registration and lodging for the current Board members will be covered by the conference and their air travel is eligible for coverage as well. The registration for attending ex-presidents is covered as well.
Ian reported that no award nominations have been received so far. He will check the dedicated e-mail address functionality. Nicolas read the rules that the Board should not be involved in award nominations. With regards to the graduate student awards for previous nominees, recipients should not be eligible, but those who did not receive awards in the past should be eligible. There is a question about the eligibility of MS student recipients for the graduate student award as PhD students. 
Nicolas reported on the ISPA-Springer relationship. He met with Melania at one of the agronomy meetings with the expectations of a sponsorship. It is expected to have a meeting in Montreal to discuss expectations and potential ways to make this relationship mutually beneficial. Vision items may include: scope of the journal, financial support, etc. Nicolas asked Board members to consider different options before that meeting. 
With regards to coordination between different PA conferences, the expressed idea is to invite current conference chairs as non-voting members of the Board. This item may be discussed in Montreal. Slava suggested inviting conference chairs (or representatives) planning to attend ICPA to join in-person Board meetings.
Terry asked about ECPA membership registrations. To date, there has been no report about the transferring of funds.
The next Board call will take place in about a month. The meeting was adjourned at 17:00 EDT.
Distributed Agenda
  1. Call to order / Welcome
  2. Agenda approval
  3. Review and approval of minutes 18-03-02 (V. Adamchuk) 
  4. 14th ICPA update (Q. Rund) 
  5. Policy for ICPA Board members support (Q. Rund) 
  6. Awards (I. Yule) 
  7. ISPA-Springer relationship (N. Tremblay) 
  8. Coordination between ICPA and ECPA, ACPA, InfoAg, LACPA (N. Tremblay)
  9. Adjourn